SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

90's revival



Let us rewind to almost 20 years ago to when I started high school.  I wore the standard uniform of every 14 year old girl or boot cut jeans (with the tiny slit on the inside hem), Dr. Martens, t-shirt & a flannel.  Now if it was summer, sub jean shorts & Dr. Marten sandals.  Now fast forward to 2014 and imagine my surprise to see that my youth is for sale in almost every store!  Some trends I pray never come back (I'm looking at you scrunchies) and some I'm almost too excited to wear again.  But being in my 30's, some of those looks I loved back then, need to be more subdued.

For the adult trying to partake in the 90's revival, I've chosen some of my favorite looks that can look great and not like you're trying to hard.  Take overalls for example.  The more fitted the better.  The baggy ones from Old Navy we all wore will make you look like you're on your way to a theme party. An updated baby doll dress in a solid color, like the red one above from Mango, is a perfect summer dress that can easily be worn casually with converse or for a night out with sandals or wedges. And lets not forgot your accessories.  Gold chains, braided friendship bracelets,  round sunnies & fringe covered purses are the perfect touch to any outfit.

Just remember to not take the 90's trend back to the 90's.  If you lived it once to it's fullest, remember to pick only a few key trends to wear.  It's never cute for a 30 something woman to look like she did in her yearbook photos.

I impersonally on the converse, baby doll & higher waisted shorts trends.  How about you?

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 love:

Post a Comment