All Lacquered Up!


       I always see people who have the most perfect animal statues in their homes and wish I could find those same ones.  I love searching around stores for these statues, but most of the time I can't find ones that are the right size, the right color, or even the right animal.  So I had this little idea for a quite some time, but let's be honest, I was super lazy and didn't really want to do it.  I finally got the motivation to head to Michael's and pick up the whole 2 items I needed to make my own white lacquered animal statues.  How easy is this!!

Step 1: Find the animals or shapes you want to paint.

Step 2: Choose which color/type of spray paint you'd like to use.  (next time i'm going to use a metallic gold)
Step 3: When you spray paint them, take them to a well ventilated area.  I took them outside, but make sure it's not a really windy day or you'll just spray paint the wind.  Place animals a few inches apart from each other.  Spray!!  I used 2 coats to ensure a nice solid color.  Make sure to get the under sides and in between the cracks.  

Step 4: Let them dry for at least 30 mins.  If you don't let them dry properly you'll get finger prints and smudges imbedded in the paint.  I let mine dry outside for an hour then brought them inside.  


Fin!  So easy right!  Since I know I can do these to smaller statues, can you imagine a bookshelf full of these cute little animals, in all shapes and sizes?  So adorable & easy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 love:

Post a Comment